Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Trip #2: Leave in 6 days and Rain in the Forecast!


That would be rain next Wednesday and several days thereafter.


Added to the packing list, along with the blue boots: umbrella (attach to tripod), dry bag and desiccant for cameras, and this beach tube. No, I'm not planning a float trip down the Tempisque River (Can you say American Crocodiles?!). My tube, blue, and without handles, will be one of the items I'll use to test how black iguanas react to new objects.

It's a little tricky to come up with things different than what the iguanas see brought by frequent college students and travelers. And to try and avoid stimulating their oh-so-good color vision. So blue it is, an infrequent color in their world. I also have a pinwheel and a fold-up bag -- different sizes and shapes, but none food or predator colors.

I expect some iguanas will march right up to anything new, while others will take time to overcome whatever inhibits their exploration. Others may not dare to approach. Each reaction will tell me a little more about an iguana's personality. 

Just waiting for the blue beach tube....

No comments:

Post a Comment