Tuesday, March 19, 2013

22/More Than I Can Count


Little Triple Yellow coming down the Big Tree around Noon today. YYY is just about 800 grams, a young lizard. Bold, nonetheless. Goes where furtive Blue-White-Red fears to go first, though she is large and older. Such are the very interesting things iguanas may reveal over time.


At the other end of the scale, literally, is Blue-Yellow-Brown, weighing in at near 5000 grams! He found the bait and was tricky to remove from the trap. 


The very kind chefs at OTS-Palo Verde provide me fruit for my trap. It's a big hit for numerous critters. After this monkey stole my bait and got herself captured, her buddies 
yelled mightily for unconditional release. I complied immediately. (I think a squirt gun would be useful.)

There are many, many, many iguanas here. That is a fact that brings happiness to my research. It's also daunting; I will not capture them all this trip. 22 are identified and they reveal a smidge of their being daily. 

1 comment:

  1. You've caught 22 already! Wow. That's amazing. Hysterical about the monkeys too. :) They would probably get you in your sleep if you had a water gun!

    ReplyDelete