Thursday, March 28, 2013

Who Are You?! and Iguana Fight Club, Palo Verde Style

Not Aspens in the Fall in CO but Guayacans in  Palo Verde


Who am I, anyway? Am I my resume? Or just a picture...

I need to trap and mark more iguanas! Everywhere I look, here comes another UM (unmarked) lizard. A few I can distinguish from the masses of UMs but not enough.


It was Fight Club Day -- skirmishes and tussles, serious, but no blood shed. Above is Remalia and Sneaker Male. Remalia decided SM should not be near her though they usually feed in the same spot. She lost, with SM chasing her into her pipe refuge. (Remalia aka Bricky aka Red-White-Brown.)

  

Above WOG (bottom) in a big fight with a similar sized UM female on the roof of the Palo Verde OTS office building. Trapping this UM is a high priority --  an important dynamic in the World of WOG and other iguanas.

Brown-Brown-Brown in a tree thought dead.

You might think this tree is dead. I did, I watch iguanas wiggle into the trunk crevices each night. But this is the "Lab/Cistern Guayacan Tree" and parts are much alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment